Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Sunday 1 February 2015

Eclectic ellapu goes burgandy

First let me say WOW, there were so many awesome projects entered into the January challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu that it was a real privilege to look through them all.  I do hope you will be joining in again with our challenge for February.  We are going burgundy/red and cream, aren't we thoughtful with "that" day just around the corner ;)

I love iris folding so thought I would play with this idea, I also just saw a technique where you ink your embossing folder and had to have a play!

  I used a cogs embossing folder that had been sitting around for a little while feeling lonely, I totally loved the effect.
 I die cut a large heart in the centre and go into my iris folding groove, I find using my paper trimmer to score the paper at intervals and then go back and chop them off saves me a lot of time and gets lovely crisp folds.
 I layered and layered embossing powder in this little heart and then bent it so it cracked in places... in hind sight perhaps not a totally good idea for a "that day" card ;)
I thought these little hearts created some good dimension.

Now, my kids all laughed and said "Mum you cant have your card say that"  but I likes it as it made me laugh, so there ;)

Well thanks for looking, please do come and join in over at Eclectic Ellapu's

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.