When I thought of roses I thought of bouquets, its the summer season after all, and I have hopes a lovely lady will soon become my sister-in-law! With this in mind I wanted to create a box to keep wedding day memory trinkets safe; garter, confetti, table decs, a pressed flower and the horse shoe etc. I originally started thinking it would be simple and clean with just a suggestion of a bouquet and a button hole, I like designing with other peoples tastes in mind yet as usual it evolved as I lost myself in my crafty cranium and voila!
|A wedding memory box with a special friend in mind|
I started by making the flowers using... Oh no I'm not telling, go on get the book and go to page 65, it really is worth a look or 10. I coloured my roses using another of Tim's techniques, this one isn't from the book but from the Creative Chemistry 101 online class, these classes full of Tim showing us how to work the magic. This particular colouring style involves distress inks and drops of water on a craft mat, dragging your paper through it, heating and going back in the inky mix, drying again and repeating until you are happy with the look. Tim most definitely shows how better than I can explain. I did add Victorian velvet and Antique Linen to water misters rather then plain water tho. I also used both in their inky form along with squeezed lemonade, old paper and tattered rose, how could I not for this challenge.
I finished them by catching the edges with Victorian Velvet, it is my colour of choice at the mo.
When I placed the roses on the box I thought my original suggestion of a bride and groom idea was just too stark. It is definitely more decorated than I first imagined but hopefully still a simplistic distressed design. I used my, couldn't live without, Craft Artist programme with the Steampunk parlour digikit to put together a pic of a bride and grooms torsos. The corset for the bride is in no way suggestive of my mateys choice of clothing!
|Craft Artist designed background|
I printed it out on Crafters Companion printable acetate and then placed the box lid on top, carefully scored around the lid and gently, sometimes not so gently, encouraged the acetate to snuggle the lid. I then trimmed the corners out and secured with doubled sided tape. To hide the tape I rummaged through my ribbon tubs (this took nearly as long as making the box!) and secured the ribbon with more tape. I started and completed the ribbon trim in the place I knew I was putting the bouquet ribbon so I could again hide the crafty workings.
|I always try to hide sticky workings|
|Everything's coming up roses|
I hope you like my latest offering to the crafty Gods, I hope my matey likes it more! I am super chuffed to have finally worked up the nerve (and got my timing right) to enter a Compendium of Curiosities Challenge. I am now off to pester the Awesomely Brilliant Curiosity Crew to let them know I have entered, I'm not stalking them tis in the rules ;)
Photos taken by my lovely daughter, thank you hun x
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.