Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Tim Holtz Tags of 2014 Challenge - June

Hi all, I haven't posted a tag to Tim Holtz yet and you may think I'm a little late to the game, after all it's June. However, I'm only late with sharing my crafty creations, until today I have been a secret joiner inner ;). I took a deep breath and shared my crafty creations so I could join in with the Compendium of Curiosities Challenges and nothing awful happened, so I now feel brave enough to share my tag too :)

My first tag to see the light of blogdom
If you want to learn the technique used to create the background, and it is a brill one, pop over to Mr Holtz's blog.  He teaches a new technique monthly and invites us all to playalong and enter a comp using the new method.  I really loved this one and have lots of nice backgrounds ready for... well only time will tell ;)

I used the Doily layering mask and mini distress inks set 2, fired brick, salty ocean, mustard seed and seedless preserves. There are some fab comps at the mo to win the new sets, links can be found on Tim's blog here.  I loved the look of the tag but was unsure how I wanted to proceed, I was clearing up kitchen roll I had used during the process to pop in the bin but was thinking how lovely it was.... and a dress was born!
 I used the same method on a die cut mannequin only blotting some off to give a more muted effect

I scrunched up the tissue carefully then dried with my heat tool.  There have been lots of mannequis around lately and I love them all.  I cut a semicircle for the skirt half,  pleated and glued into place on the die cut mannequin.

I then picked one of the brightest purple sections for the top and added a little more purple layering with the doily mask.  I cut a neckline, dyed some bakers twine with the mini distress inks and wrapped around the middle. This covered two jobs, it looks like a belt with a little brass bit in the centre and hides the join between skirt and top.

And then onto composition and embellishing :)   I used a ruler and cotton reel from Tim Holtz idea-ology salvage sticker book and covered the tag hole with a reinforcer also from the idea-ology range.  I browsed trough my box of bits and chose some buttons, brass embellies, corners and a safety pin instead of ribbon to hang the tag from.   It still looked incomplete... so I die cut a cotton reel stained it up and treated it to this months technique. Then I dyed some more bakers twine and wrapped the twine around the reel, behind the dress and finished it off down the mannequin stand.

A little bit of this a little of that leaving some of the lovely masky effect to be seen

I love how this tag turned out :) I had thought to pop it in my box of tags , however, it has been claimed by one daughter and I have an order (non paying) from my other daughter.  A success for the Mallaghan girls I hope you like it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.