Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Sunday 11 January 2015

congratulations Becca you Crafty Gal

I made this card to share with those crafty gals and to say congratulations to my pink teamie Becca Cruger for a well deserved appointment on the crafty gals design team.


I couldn't make a card for Becca, the Damsel of Distress Cards without using distress inks so I got some bubble wrap inks and water and had great fun making these backgrounds



I chose the bottom right one, the clear line was a happy accident but when I saw it I thought great place for a sentiment, now if only I could work out how to do it again ;).

I cut a circle from the background, paper pieced some ballons... just for a change;) and gold embossed a sentiment and added the strings with a glue pen.

I'm disappointed with how the colouring of the balloons turned out, I used metallic pro markers, New lesson learned, colour before sticking and then you can change out if unhappy.

Anyhoo big congrats Becca well deserved x There is a fab blog hop going on over at the Crafty Girls Corner sites, get your tush over there as they have some great individual candy giveaways as well as the challenge.

Thanks for looking

Tracey

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card and unique idea!!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Crafty Gals Corner DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how sweet of you! We are very lucky to have Becca! She's a wonderful addition to our team and brings so much to the table! :)
    P.S I'm your newest follower!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
    -Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey! You are the biggest sweetheart ever! I LOVE it. I think the balloons look grungy and cool! As far as the happy accident, maybe laying down a strip of washi tape prior to inking? I am feeling very blessed to have such amazing bloggy people in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course tape, thanks Becca I did like that accidental clear space :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the background, great idea. Thank you for sharing with us at CGC. Hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.