Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Darnell and CASology combined challenge :)

The only way to really say congratulations to Darnell on being the cue card for CASology  is to join in the challenge  and share with those of you who have not yet visited her place.  I myself had not heard of CASology until Darnell's post and am chuffed to have found them.

Darnell is the mother of NBUS, never before used schtuff, her posts are not only packed with awesome art but are humorous and touching.  CASology add design comments to their design team projects.  I found these incredibly helpful as a newbie to crafting and their design team is uber talented.

Anyhoo here is the card I made to celebrate and share with them and also to say thank you to Darnell for opening up a lot of new blogs to me and for making me laugh :)



The stamp is by Papermania and their urban stamps collection,  I have had it in my stash for ages, its beautiful and was a lovely Ebay win but then I just didn't know what to do with it other than gaze at its prettiness!!!


I stamped it with versamark and used mica powders in violet frost and enchanted gold,  I haven't used this technique other than to play before and I love the way the image changes as the light catches it.


The "celebrate" sentiment is by paper smooches and the "True colours" is by Sheena Douglas, it came with a set of totally gorgeous butterflies.  I stamped them using a metallic purple stamp that I cannot remember seeing before!!!  It must of been sent by the crafty angels as I think it was perfect to go with the mica powders.

As I said I made this to share with Darnell and her NBUS challenge
and CASology and their NBUS challenge.

Thanks for looking now treat yourself by popping off to their blogs for a real treat

Tracey :)

7 comments:

  1. I came over from Darnell's blog. This card is beautiful. I love how you used the mica powders to enhance the image. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a pretty stamped image Tracey.

    Best of the New Year.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy , you have made a wonderful card, love the stamp it's fab. Will have to check out the site for the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Tracey, simply gorgeous! Sometimes a stamp will be shy about how it wants to be used on a card. It was worth the wait, don't you think? The use of mica powders is perfect to bring out all the detail of that work of art and that butterfly is the perfect punctuation for this glimmering delight! Thank you so much for playing in our joint CASology and NBUS challenges!! And thank you for checking out the websites and challenges that I mention on my blog!! Your attention and appreciation keeps me keepin' on! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hullo Tracey! Thanks for popping on by my blog....hope you find some inspiration. It was a LOVELY comment you left. Enjoy the World of Scrappy Stuff! It's TERRIBLY addictive....& Fun, as I'm sure you've discovered:) LOOOOOVE what you've done with this stamp....& it is absolutely waaay too pretty to have lingering in your draw unused. Clever cookie getting a couple of snaps with how it shines & shimmers, too. Bet that wasn't easy! I've just discovered NBUS through Becca as well. Brill blog, eh? Have a good one as in weekend!], as we say here:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracey! So GREAT to have you find us through Darnell's NBUS challenge...so glad you played along! You are right, if you want a good laugh then Darnell's awesome blog is definitely worth visiting! Your card is so pretty...I love the violet and gold mica powders, the shimmer is gorgeous! The butterfly and heart are the perfect touches, too. Amazingly beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASlogy this week...hope you can play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is a stunner! Love those gorgeous mica powders! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.