Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Monday 5 January 2015

Welcome baby Lucy

My brother and his wife got a very very special present over the holiday season, a gorgeous baby girl! Their son is going to be an awesome big brother


This was my first attempt at die cutting paper piecing and tho I am happy...ish with the finished card I have some "I meant to do that so I could learn" moments!
I'd like to share in the hopes of getting better through trying but also hoping you crafty gals will share your tips with me by pointing in the direction of cards/projects you have made using this type of technique.


Firstly a big one is use card/ paper of the same thickness, prob a rookie mistake but being a rookie I gonna make them ;)  I then tried to add height to the hello die cut using glossy accents.... not a great idea, it is still smaller and it really changed the colour to a not so nice one... hmm

I did like my bow, I am not a natural bowtier but this one went well fairly quickly, I made the little pink bo and then the white one and used the tails of the white one to hold the pink one in place.

I used glossy accents to stick it... I had considered glossy my old faithful, never let me down, sticky friend until this card, maybe it or I was having an off day but I ended up using double sided tape.


Popping back to the thought of glossy changing the colour of things, my lovely matey Becca, Damsell of Distress Cards, had a great idea and made a colour swatch of how embossing in clear changes distress ink colours. I have started one for myself  and have just had a thought that i may add a spot of glossy on it too.

I will be sharing this card with the girls over at Hiding in my Craft Room - theme is pinks
And That craft place - theme is monochrome


Thanks for looking, please share your paper piecing projects with me because I love the look but need some practice and tips ;)

Tracey :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, great design and accents. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, congrats to the family. Great make xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be a rookie, but your card is beautiful and you couldn't tell by it that this is your first try at paper piecing. You did a lovely job of it and little Lucy is going to love it someday when she's old enough to appreciate it :-)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
    Hugs,
    Lena – DT
    Lena’s Creations


    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is really beautiful hun great design and detail bless you for playing at TCP this week hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a lovely card and such lovely detail about how it was made i love to read those stories on blogs

    thank you so much for entering the Monochrome challenge over at That Craft Place

    hugs Kerrie x
    TCP DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.