Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Sunday 11 January 2015

Paper Piecing, Once you Pop You Cant Stop.

I tried my first paper piecing card for my new niece Baby Lucy.

I realised I had made a few mistakes and wanted to practice as I love the look of this type of card and have always loved jigsaw puzzles.  There is just something I find so relaxing and satisfying about popping those bits out of the dies and then assembling them in different colour combinations.  Add that to the lovely dies I used from Paper Smooches, Lawn Fawn and of course My Favourite Things and I have been in a paper piecing paradise.  The only real shame is how tricky it can be to get stamps and dies from these companies in the UK at a reasonable price :(  if you guys have found a good supplier please let me know


As I was practicing I found some brightly coloured card blanks I have had kicking around for a while, I cut them down and then started cutting some of my favourite shapes out of them.  I then wanted some cool patterned paper to piece into the shapes.


 I used distress inks and water with a little perfect pearls in it and was really chuffed with how they turned out.



The great thing about this type of paper piecing is that you just never run out of cute little bits waiting to find homes in new cards.  I have a little..ish box full of little bits and bobs just calling my name and a whole lot of note cards :)  I am on the look out for some new wordy dies as I think these look great in the form.

Thanks for looking and if you haven't had a go at paper piecing I urge you to try it

Tracey

2 comments:

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.