Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Monday 12 January 2015

Retro Sketch - with a magazine freebie retro stamp

I saw this fab sketch challenge over at Retro Sketches and was inspired to create this using some freebie dies I got from Creative Stamping Magazine.  I love the retro look to them and they stamp really really well, I was skeptical before I tried them lol


I created the background with bubble wrap,distress inks and shimmery water.


In the picture above I hope you can see the shimmer from, the perfect pearls that I added to the water I used with the distress inks, top tip I picked up from Jennifer McGuire, It is subtle.... until the light catches it!!



Now I was over visiting Darnell,the inventor of NBUS, don't know what im talking about?  lucky you you have a lovely discovery ahead of you, get over there... Now!!  Anyhoo, I love popping over to Darnell's not just because her craft is awesome but because she introduces and shares lots of other crafty bloggers work.  I saw a link to Pixie' Crafty Workshop and an intriguing challenge called pixies snippets,  I love the idea and was inspired to add some "snippets" of bakers twine and also punched some hearts out of the card I had left over from the background i made.


The stamps give really good impressions, I used versafine in black.

Thanks to their inspiration I'm sharing this with Retro Sketches challenge, thanks for the cool sketch you guys

Pixies Snippets, I will so be visiting Pixies place again.

And finally with Creative Stamping magazine thanks to their freebie stamps

Take Care

Tracey

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Tracy, love the background you have created x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so fun, Tracey, with lots of shimmer! I have a friend who collects juke boxes (she has six of them!) and she'd love this! Thank you for your kind words! I could have sworn I clicked to follow you the other day when I came to see you, but my face was gone just now so I rejoined. I hope Blogger is not boogering up the works again!! You are going to love Headmistress Di and the girls at Pixie's, many of whom have health problems, too, but they keep on keepin' and craftin' on!! If you play cards, I'll have a little game going up in the treehouse, but hide your money as gambling is not allowed. Cough. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cool. What a great die! As a lover of all things vintage, I wholeheartedly adore everything about this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey! What fun to see you in the Snippets Playground - and with such a beautiful retro shimmery card too!

    I just read Darnell's lovely comment above - and then almost choked when I read about the gambling den up in the treehouse - she's one of the playground scallywags as you might have guessed!

    Hope you come back to play with us again!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun card, Tracey! Love the background. I am your newest follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies :) am feeling very smushy and warm... and it not the fibro for a change ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping over to say Hi from the Snippets Playground. Loving this fab retro style card. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.