Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Thursday, 1 January 2015

spectacular spectacles

Happy New year to you all.

I have been playing with some prezzies from Santa but have to admit I was a lucky girl and got a bit bogged down not knowing quite what to play with first.
I was browsing around some of my favourite blogs and thanks to my lovely teamie over at Eclectic Ellapu, Becca a true damsel of distress inkyness (she has some great news to share and some fab art so do pop on over)  I decided to use a lovely sketch from over at Retro sketches challenge site.


I used my new Die and stamp set "Geek is Chic" by My Favourite Things bought from the Simon says stamp site,  a pad of Kraftcore in Tim Holtz distress ink colours, and my corner chomper by we are memory keepers, anything that could get rounded xmas day did!


I just loved using these products, I stamped the background using two tone inking in a variety of distress ink colours, mat and layered using my kraftcore paper, I love the texture on this stuff.  I then cut one set of glasses out and layered the other set on some funky foam,  (a great tip from the awesome Jennifer McGuire) to add some dimension


 I finished up with one of the fab sentiments from the set,  I heat embossed them in white, I have quite a few as I am in Lurve with them all and finally chose this one.  The sentiments are really quirky and fun.


I am entering this card in the Retro Sketches challenge,  thank you so much for getting me out of my OMG too much new stuff where do I start funk,

Sweet Stampin Anything Goes challenge and finally

Darnell's NBUS challenge... wanna know what NBUS is, well pop on over for a good browse, lots of inspiration and a giggle.

Thank for popping by, please do say Hi and then I can pop over to see what you have been up to with your Santa prezzies

Tracey :)