Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Thursday 1 January 2015

spectacular spectacles

Happy New year to you all.

I have been playing with some prezzies from Santa but have to admit I was a lucky girl and got a bit bogged down not knowing quite what to play with first.
I was browsing around some of my favourite blogs and thanks to my lovely teamie over at Eclectic Ellapu, Becca a true damsel of distress inkyness (she has some great news to share and some fab art so do pop on over)  I decided to use a lovely sketch from over at Retro sketches challenge site.


I used my new Die and stamp set "Geek is Chic" by My Favourite Things bought from the Simon says stamp site,  a pad of Kraftcore in Tim Holtz distress ink colours, and my corner chomper by we are memory keepers, anything that could get rounded xmas day did!


I just loved using these products, I stamped the background using two tone inking in a variety of distress ink colours, mat and layered using my kraftcore paper, I love the texture on this stuff.  I then cut one set of glasses out and layered the other set on some funky foam,  (a great tip from the awesome Jennifer McGuire) to add some dimension


 I finished up with one of the fab sentiments from the set,  I heat embossed them in white, I have quite a few as I am in Lurve with them all and finally chose this one.  The sentiments are really quirky and fun.


I am entering this card in the Retro Sketches challenge,  thank you so much for getting me out of my OMG too much new stuff where do I start funk,

Sweet Stampin Anything Goes challenge and finally

Darnell's NBUS challenge... wanna know what NBUS is, well pop on over for a good browse, lots of inspiration and a giggle.

Thank for popping by, please do say Hi and then I can pop over to see what you have been up to with your Santa prezzies

Tracey :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey! Your spectacle card with the perfect sediment is sensational!! Really colorful and a fun and detailed design!! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #3!! It's lovely to meet another friend of the delightful Becca! If you haven't done so yet, I'd love to have you pop back over and click on the blue "join this site" button so my other readers can meet you. BTW, I share your tribulations with Fibromyagony (as I call it) and a few other little things, so I know how much being crafty means to us! I wish you a healthy and happy new year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be pinching your "fibromyagony" lol. Laughter, family and crafting is what gets me through x I love your blog and am looking forward to extending my crafty family ;) thanks for your kind comments about my card :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the background you made Tracey! I also have that set and not got around to using it yet too! Must dig it out! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hazel, am looking forward to seeing your "spectacular" creation, I just love this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is just spectacular! Great design, colour choice and stamps! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin’ this week.
    Chris
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your card that is such a fun set :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is that card and that set. I love eyeglass cards and yours is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.